The Coach’s Killer Food Plan I am often asked about how to loose weight, and I have spent many hours working with clients to simplify their diets and exercise programs to reach this goal. If there is one thing I have learned over the years it’s this: keep it simple and easy to follow. The minute I start talking about grams of this or calories of that, almost all of my clients start to get confused or simply don’t want to take the time to analyze their food and fluid intake to that level or depth. It’s complicated, confusing, and consumes their precious time.
I don’t blame them either! I have never measured any of my food, and I don’t intend to start. I truly feel that all the tools you need to follow a healthy diet are your eyeballs and your intuition and a few simple rules. Next, clients ask for a sample of a healthy diet. I believe that all of us routinely eat about a dozen meals. If you go to work on these meals and make these staples as healthy as you can, then 80% or the core of your nutrition will be taken care of. Now you can treat for taste and you don’t have to worry about being caught at the Dairy Queen on occasion!
With that in mind, I have come up with a simple diet plan that is flexible enough for all of you to follow and is guaranteed to make you healthy and loose those extra pounds. In the following plan, you pick the foods you enjoy when I haven’t specified:
1. High fat plain yogurt with frozen berries and mixed nuts
2. Two or three egg vegetable omlette
3. Two slices of organic bacon with eggs or with some fruit of choice
1. Tuna, chicken, or salmon salad with tons of olive oil and vinegar dressing and seeds
2. Half of a romaine lettuce tuna, chicken, salmon wrap with tons of veggies inside
3. A can of tuna or salmon packed in olive oil with fruit
4. Stew or soup with some diced chicken and lots of veggies in a broth base
1. Any kind of stir fry, you pick the protein, cooked in water and olive oil added at the last minute
2. Any kind of organic grass fed protein with steamed veggies (no potatoes or corn) and a salad with fresh fruit and whipping creme for desert
3. Cold cuts with fresh salad and fruit bowl
4. Any kind of fish with steamed asparagus and a salad with tons of veggies and oil and vinegar dressing
1. Lots of easy to eat veggies with homemade avacado dip
2. Fresh or frozen berries of your choice with whipping creme
3. Mixed salted nuts
4. Dark choclolate (over85% cocao)
Add lots of filtered water to this list and treat all the other foods and fluids you currently consume like chocolate, coffee, bagels, crème cheese, Chinese food, pizza, pop, chips, and hot-dogs, as nothing more than CONDIMENTS! Eat very small quantities of these foods (or none at all) and if you need some treats and don’t snack after supper.
That’s the program; it’s as simple as that! I’ve always said that you can eat anything as long as 80% of your diet resembles the one outlined above. Remember this golden rule of balance and you’ll find that following the above plan (with the one trick exception) will help you loose weight and bring you into the fat loss zone.