- Masters Degree and an Honours Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology from the University of Calgary (Thesis on HR monitor training)
- Certified Exercise Physiologist with the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CEP)
- Certified Trainer of Fitness Leaders in Group Exercise and Resistance Training with the Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA)
- Certified Coach in the Total Immersion swimming
- Certified Coach in the Chi Running method
- Founder and Head Coach, YMCA Triathlon Club (1985-1987)
- Founder and Head Coach, Talisman Center Triathlon Training Program (1987-1993)
- Former Alberta Triathlon Association President (1988), honorary ATA lifetime member
- Former Provincial Triathlon Team Head Coach (1989-1992)
- Veteran of 78 triathlons, 6 marathons, and Ironman
Grant has been an active coach for over 30 years. In that time he has refined his philosophy of effortless exercise which helps you achieve extraordinary fitness through sustainable exercise.
His passion is to share with others the pure joy of exercise using his unique system which creates vitality and more energy for life.
As a former university hockey player and an avid triathlete, he brings a wealth of experience to the theoretical and practical side of coaching.
He is also the trainer for the Calgary Weight Management Center where he passionately helps people learn about healthy habits of exercise.